Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Best of 2015: Beauty/Skincare/Hair Edition




I know I keep interchanging "the best' and "favorites" but you get the idea ;p

In no particular order here are my "The Best of 2015 - Beauty Edition."





I've been obsessed with liquid lipsticks lately especially the few that I picked up this year that really shocked me to be honest. I never expected such great formulation that doesn't wipe off. Like WHATTTT???


  • Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick was the first one I tried out and I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. It dried very quickly and there was no color transfer (tested on napkin and hand).  BEWARE - once you swatch it on your hand get ready to scrub hard to get it off - which is a PLUS on your lips! Color was very pigmented and just absolutely beautiful. The color I have is called 'Lolita," definitely picking up other colors. 

  • Colour Pop Ultra Matte Lips are very nice for the price. I've heard a lot of good things about these, especially from all the beauty gurus on YouTube but I had to see for myself. Definitely need lip liner of some sort (similar color or even just the transparent liner) when using the darker/colorful shades because I did notice some feathering without one. It is a bit drying but for me it wasn't enough to really bother me. My only concern with lipsticks in general is if it'll wipe off or not, but it had very good long lasting stay. Even after eating, the color was still intact for the most part - nothing a little touch up can't fix. Colors I picked up are 'Bumble, StingRaye, Avenue, Tulle, Solow' during their black friday sale which cost me like $4 each. 




This is definitely a comeback, Cushion foundations. But this time my collection has expanded a bit. Comparison review coming soon.





Ok, More beauty stuff
  • Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - so I thought this would be like all the other mascara which were just hyped up but works like any other mascara product out there, BUT NO. I got this one as a sample and was wow'd. This literally gives you 'Minnie Mouse" thick eye lashes which I like. My eye lashes are pretty long but there's no volume so this gives me the umph I need without adding any false lashes. I love this I bought one for my mom and myself. 

Skincare has been my focus this year and I've found a few solid skincare products I would like to mention and recommend.


  • Moisturizer
    • Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief- My skin as been VERY dry this year (usually I'm actually quite oily) so I needed to change up my skincare routines drastically. This is very light weight and soaks into the skin fairly quickly. Just as the name says, very hydrating.
  • Serums
  • Essence
    • SKII - Yes this is a little pricy but I think it is worth the splurge. I attended an SKII event couple months ago and was able to try some SKII products as well as received some samples of the products and this was so far my favorite. My skin has improved greatly because this and in combination vitamin C serums above. A lot of my hyperpigmention went away, some scars are slowly but surely decreasing and it makes my skin feel really nice and soft.
Hair products
  • Organix Moroccan Argan Oil - Apply to damp hair and instantly get soft hydrated hair once it dries. Highly HIGHLY recommend this to people with dry coarse hair.



Want a more interactive looksie? Here ya go

xoxo


Disclaimer: Post is not sponsored

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the great information. It is very useful and informative.
    skin care treatments studio city

    ReplyDelete
  2. For my hair ties I use a small dollar store carabiner to keep them all together. click site

    ReplyDelete

...