Sunday, July 10, 2016

I am not G "the pharmacist"

I am not G "the pharmacist"

Yes, that is my profession, but that is not what I want to be defined by. When I tell people that I am a "pharmacist" I get a lot of o0o0o's and ahhhh's. As good as it may sound, the admiration for my accomplishment of 6 years of school and achievement of a doctor of pharmacy degree means nothing to me but a profession; a source of income. A trade that will allow me to get higher in the food chain.

I don't want to be defined by this. I start to become target for suitors who want a high income wife. I start glowing in the eyes of parents who want something great for their sons. But that's what they only see. They don't see beyond the hard earned degree.

I want to be defined by what I love. I want to defined by what I am passionate about. I want to be defined by my undying faith, I want to be defined by my Father in Heaven. Although the last two are a definite, it is still a journey to find out what I love and what I am passionate about. I feel as though I love a lot of things, and enjoy doing a lot of things - and because of this I can never excel. I dab a little here and there but never fully commit to one thing. At first I thought blogging would be that one thing, but I realize I get so easily discouraged by the struggles and hardships it comes with that I start to lose motivation. I am starting to look elsewhere and for something else. Why can't I find that one thing I love? Is there an award for "one who has tried it all?" Is there a category of passion for all things? I doubt it. Maybe it's the commitment issue that I struggle with? Or is it just the workload? I'm not entirely sure. But I hope you can join me on my journey of my search.

I don't want to be defined as a pharmacist, I want to be defined as __________.

(Fill in the blank)
rhetorically...



**this is slight satirical and slightly true so don't take it too seriously. A little creative writing. ** 

No comments :

Post a Comment

...