Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th of July 00TD: Vintage blue corset ( A eshakti.com Review)


My very first custom made dress! I'm excited because sometimes (actually majority of the time) I have trouble finding dresses because I have very narrow shoulders and my bust area/torso is on the petite side so this was intriguing to me.
I was hesitant to use the custom measurements option because I wasn't sure if I was measuring myself correctly. They suggest that you have another person help you out but I didn't have anyone around to help me at the time so I tried my very best to get my own measurements. I actually highly recommend to have someone to help you out just to have a second pair of eyes. 

I picked this dress because I don't have anything like it in my closet. First of all, it is blue - I have never owned a blue dress AND it had a corset top which really caught my attention. What better way than to get a corset top to accentuate your figure plus, it will be customized to your own measurements; I thought this would be perfect. My main concern  when picking this dress was the bust area, since I'm very petite. I was afraid that the chest area would be too big, even though they had my measurements. I also had the dress length cut in a 'mini' style.


When I received the dress - it was nearly perfect. The area that I was most concerned with was a little big - so I had to pull up my dress every now and then. The shoulders were a little roomy when I'm standing straight but, when moving around, it was good that I had room. The dress smelt like an art store when I received my package which a simple machine wash will be able to fix. The fabric was a jersey material so it'll give you room to stretch. The color was darker than the picture but that's actually what I was hoping for. One thing I didn't realize about this dress is that it had pockets, so when I found out, I was a little too excited about it for a girl in her twenties. But of course, who doesn't love pockets?

This dress can be dressed up or even dressed down. Put on a pair of white converse or a pair of toms and it's solid. Try a pair of pumps or wedges and you'll be ready for a simple night out with the girls.

Overall, I really liked the dress and it fit very nicely. Quality was great and the dress itself was super cute. I got a lot of compliments. I love the vintage feel from the dress. I am definitely looking into some more of their designs in the future.







Dress: Eshakti
Necklace: J. Crew
Bag: Coach
Shoes: Via Spiga

Check them out!
eshakti.com

Follow on Bloglovin


***Sample Dress was provided by eshakti.com to review but words/thoughts were 100% my own***

No comments :

Post a Comment

...