Saturday, June 11, 2016

Charcoal in my hair? No way, Can't be, Can it? [Shampoo/condition/mask Review]



The 'her/she' persona played by my hair

Shampoo: her many suitors

Let me introduce you to my hair. She has been dyed many many times. She is thick and coarse; the typical asian hair. She hates long walks on the beach because then it makes her dry and weird. Lately she's been more on the dryer side (usually she's very oily) so she is very particular in the shampoos she dates. 

Now these products from "HASK Charcoal Purifying Hair Care Collection" did not impress her to the optimum level. They were very ordinary and didn't affect her in any way. The hair care set gave her slight butterflies in her stomach with their scent, but other than that, they were like any other shampoos she's swiped right for. Maybe she hasn't given them a chance long enough to really show her a good time, but for the past two or so weeks, they were just like any ordinary hair care set.

I hope you got a kick out of that short dating story. Now for the real detailed review. 


Photo credit: Hask


As said above I was not quite impressed. It was not a wow factor, however I did like the idea of the haircare set. Charcoal "cleanses and clarifies." 
"Charcoal acts as a magnet that attracts and removes impurities. Leaves hair full of body and shine without stripping away moisture. Non-staining and safe for all hair colors - natural or dyed"
I did see a bit more shine with my hair and my hair wasn't dryer than it was before so I can say that it did do what it claims. 
Charcoal Purifying ShampooCleanses and ClarifiesFree of: sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten, drying alcohol and artificial colors
Introducing the best kept secret for hair…HASK Purifying Charcoal Shampoo. Charcoal, derived from coconut shells, combined with lemon and grapefruit oils, thoroughly cleanses and clarifies while helping to eliminate impurities from your hair and scalp. Gentle enough for daily use and safe for color-treated hair. We promise, the charcoal washes out! Ideal for all hair types. Directions: Apply generously to wet hair. Massage into a thick lather, rinse thoroughly, and repeat as often as you desire. For best results, use the HASK Charcoal Purifying collection. 
Charcoal Purifying ConditionerCleanses and ClarifiesFree of: sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten, drying alcohol and artificial colors
HASK Purifying Charcoal Conditioner is the perfect partner to the Charcoal Shampoo. Charcoal, derived from coconut shells, combined with citrus oil, conditions and locks in moisture while helping to absorb impurities, leaving hair silky, frizz-free and ready for styling. Gentle enough for daily use and safe for color-treated hair. We promise, the charcoal washes out! Ideal for all hair types. Directions: Shampoo hair and remove excess water. Apply generously, leave on for 1-2 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. For best results, use the HASK Charcoal Purifying collection.
Charcoal Purifying Deep ConditionerCleanses and ClarifiesFree of: sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten, drying alcohol and artificial colors
HASK Charcoal Purifying Deep Conditioner, is a super moisturizing, clarifying treatment that will nourish and soften all hair types, (including color-treated hair). Charcoal, derived from coconut shells, combined with citrus oil, absorbs impurities and helps restore hair to its natural radiance. We promise, the charcoal washes out!Directions: Apply a generous amount of Charcoal Purifying Deep Conditioner to clean, wet hair. Massage into hair focusing on damaged areas. Let penetrate for 10 minutes. Rinse well. Style as usual.

The shampoo&conditioner itself is a gray metallic color just like how you would expect charcoal to look. Don't let the color scare you, because as it says, it does not stain your hair. I can tell you from first hand experience - when I first got the products I had very light orangey blonde hair and it did not stain it at all, and right now after re-dying it to a darker color, it did not strip away any of the dye. Also, the scent is pleasant and citrusy but for those who are very sensitive, I wouldn't recommend sniffing too much (but please don't hesitate to try it out first). The shampoo gives a nice lather with minimal products so a little goes a long way. The bottles itself is hard to distinguish between the shampoo and conditioner which for me is a bleh because that's just an extra step. **I wear glasses/contacts so the days I don't have anything in my eyes, the world is just an annoying blur** 

Don't get me wrong, the product itself isn't bad, I will continue using it & I would recommend it to anyone just as a simple shampoo conditioner set but not for any other special reason.  

I will continue to use the set and I will definitely update if I see any other results in the long run.

The set also came with a hairbrush, which I was oddly impressed with. I don't usually brush my hair because I like the natural voluminous texture, but when I tried this brush out, my hair was very straight (as if I used a straighter). This may only be a personal experience, but the brush was rather nice and tamed my hair. The scent was horrid however, it had this bad plastic smell but other than that the size and all was pretty nice and great for traveling. 

Another thing it came with is a deep conditioner, which I wasn't able to try out yet, but seems promising and I love any hair mask! It does come in a packet, but there is A LOT of product in it. Probably can't use all of it in one use so I have to figure out how to save it without drying out. 

If you're interested in the products click here
For more information: 




xoxo


Disclaimer: This product was sent to me but words are 100% my own. I do not get paid when you click on the link so feel free to browse at your convenience. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

...