Monday, July 14, 2014

Heart Break

I am no expert but I have had my fair share of heart breaks of different kinds. No matter what type of a heart break, ALL heart breaks suck! But the way people deal with it comes in various forms. Drinking, eating, rebounding, shopping, hurting yourself, screaming, crying, the list is ENDLESS & I used to resort to many of the lists above in the past. But I want to share how I deal with this kind of situation now and probably the future.

1. Support system
I believe, this is the one of the MOST important thing. I personally am not the type to reach out to people for help but no matter how much pride you have, I feel that this is important key factor to help you heal. Having a support system will allow you to express your feelings freely without judgement or it can even be just shoulder to cry on. Your support system can help you keep your mind off the heart break and lift you help - even when you don't want to be. It is important to surround yourself with people you really trust and care about like family and best friends because they probably know you the best and they will always be by your side.

2. Keep Busy
Keeping busy allows you to focus on what you're doing and not think to much about the heart break itself. Of course your mind will drift but it is better than sitting in your room alone and balling your eyes out - although it is healthy for a short period of time, as a longterm effect it is isn't. Again this is where the support system plays a part. Go out and be with people to get your mind off it. If you rather be alone then, paint a picture, read a book, exercise, watch tv, or study if you're feeling really ambitious. Just keep moving.

3. CRY CRY CRYY
Although many people may disagree, I believe crying and just balling your eyes out is quite healthy especially in these situations. You are allowed to be sad. You are allowed to cry! Letting out a good cry can kind of pour out all the feelings you have. BUT the key is not to lock up yourself in your room and cry 24/7 - because your face will get all puffy and swollen and girl, you don't want that look for a long period of time.

4. Sleep
Sleeping is a way for your body to rest, and when you're under a stressful situation like this your body can react do it as well. For me, I tend to get sick under stressful times like this - I get headaches, I get nauseous & vomit because I can't keep food down, etc. After a good cry I try going to sleep. Although it is only temporary, it'll help the body recuperate a little.

5. JUNK FOOD
As cliche as it sounds, it is a good solution. Many girls lose their appetite when heart break happens and causes us not wanting real food. Chocolate, ice cream, etc. releases endorphins PLUS it's YUMMY. I usually can't keep regular food down when I'm upset so junk food, which is always delicious sometimes helps with the hunger issue and just gives you some small bit of happiness that you think you don't have. As long as you EAT something,

6. Time/Reflect
This is also a very cliche answer, but it is true. Nothing lasts forever, even sad feelings. And even though right now seems like a disaster in your life, that disaster will pass and your life will go on. There are many more wonderful things in life that is just waiting to happen. Just don't rush into things. You take all the time you need to heal.

7. God
Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I am a christian and I believe in God. I believe that He can help me heal and get back on my feet more than any of the solutions above. So I pray and ask people to pray for me. This is actually my #1 answer/solution. I pray that God gives me peace and healing.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13

Even with all these advices that I give, you know what you have to do to make yourself feel better. Only you know. Everyone can give you advices and great words to hold on to, but these are your feelings and you know relatively what's best for you. Just never lose hope and know that you do have people around you that love you so much. Just reach out your hand. 


If you have your own way of dealing with these kind of situations, share/comment below. Us girls have to have each other's backs! Especially in an emotional time like these. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

...