Thursday, June 9, 2016

JENN NE SAIS QUOI - Colourpop Collection ft. Jenn Im [review]

Picture from Colourpop



Bought because I gotta support my girl & because the color swatches were so beautiful. Total excitement when I heard she was coming out with a collaboration with colourpop. I heard earlier this month, but then totally forgot about it until the day of launch. I went on the website that day and there was a virtual line. I had to wait like 45 minutes to get in the website but it wasn't bad. I just went along my day and did whatever I had to do in the mean time and then I was in.


Colorshock eyeshadows

Colourpop's eyeshadows are $5.00 a pop which is very affordable for these products. The pigment is so rich and the formulation is so smooth to apply that it feels like silk to the point you don't notice you are putting anything on. This also allows blending of colors to be very easy. But be careful, a little goes a long way so don't go too crazy packing on the colors; or else you'll come out looking like a raccoon (I speak through experience).





Trois - Burgandy wine red color. I have no idea how I am goig to use this color because I don't usually put a lot of colors on my eyes, we'll see. 

Quatre: expresso brown color. Dark brown great for smokey eye look. I liked how Jenn Im used it as a eyeliner in her tutorial because it gave a natural look. 

UN - My absolute FAVORITE out of the four. It's a beautiful champagne shimmer color and UGH~ what's not to like.

Deux: I want to describe it as a coffee brown color. Soft brown that is great for your crease. 


Dohee (Ultra Satin lip) & Dohee liner

I only own one other satin lip which is in the color "dopey" and I dig it. The formula isn't as drying as the matte but still has that semi matte finish (satin-duh). And the colors are SUPER pigmented. One thing  that may concern people about these lip products is that when first applying (in the "wet stage") the color may seem a lot different than when the color finishes drying so don't be too scared of the color in the beginning. Wait until the color dries. The only downside to the ultra satin lip is that some of the color may transfer a bit so reapplication may be needed (also, beware of where your lip touches). Satin Ultra lips are $6.00 and the liners are $5 on the colourpop website which is again very affordable. 



I was very hesitant purchasing her lip colors. They just seemed so bright, and I don't look good in bright warm colors, but I took a chance with dohee because I'm not sure. A part of me just connected with the "Korean" aspect because it's her Korean name and also I took her word when she said that this would look good on any skin tone. 



Dohee: Beautiful coral color. On me it has more of an orange tint to it, but regardless I do like the color. 

Overall, the entire collection was a great purchase! Worth the hype & worth the money. Colourpop, I see an amazing future ahead of you. Keep up the great work!



xoxo


All pictures were taken under natural lighting
**This is not a sponsored post - all products were bought by me**

No comments :

Post a Comment

...